Incentives available to
new and existing businesses include:
The Lake Mills Chamber Development Corporation is offering a $1,000 Finderís Fee to anyone that helps bring in a new business to the City. The Finderís Fee is simple. If a person can provide the Lake Mills Chamber Development Corporation with the name of a company that is interested in establishing a new business in Lake Mills, they could receive $1,000 for their efforts.
- Property Tax Abatement
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- 0% to low interest Revolving Loan Fund programs from both the
City of Lake Mills and the Lake Mills Chamber Development Coporation
- Enterprise Zone Incentives
- Small Business Administration Loans, including SBA 504 loan
- Job training and assistance programs
- Various state incentives
- Industrial building sites
If the business name provided, establishes a business in Lake Mills that employs at least 10 people, pays an average starting wage of $10 per hour and makes a capital investment of at least $500,000, the person providing the name is eligible for the $1,000 Finderís Fee.
All eligible persons will receive a $1,000 check from the Lake Mills Chamber Development Corporation one-year from the start of operations of the new company. If more than one person provides us with the same contact name, the $1,000 will be divided equally among those individuals.
For additional information and incentives available, please contact the Lake Mills Chamber Development Corporation at 641-592-5253 or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This incentive is made possible through a marketing grant received from the Winnebago County Community Foundation.
Click here for more information on available Buildings and Sites.
Available buildings: 806 N Lake
North Plant - Owned by City of Lake Mills
Lake Mills, IA 50450
For sale or lease.
- Lease rate: $2.75/sq. ft. triple net lease price
- Purchase Price - $1,250,000
- Incentives based on wages paid and # of jobs created
- 100,999 square foot
- Fully air-conditioned
- 6 acres of land with potential of additional 2 acres north of the existing building
- Insulated metal building built in 1975
- Upgraded high-efficiency fluorescent lighting
- 4-5 docks, south facing, 1 drive in door and interior ramp
- Heavy power / 4000A; 480/277 Volt; 3 phase; Buss Duct Distributed
- Utilities come into the building on southwest corner
- Sprinkler-wet with diesel pump and loop hydrant system
- 24' side wall; 28' to ceiling beam. Utility infrastructure located below beam
- Reinforced concrete floors - 6" with wire mesh
- Compressed air-lines
- 40'-50' column spacing
- Roof - Garland Multilayer Builtup +5 years old
- Parking for 150
- Located in Enterprise Zone
- Zoned Heavy Industrial
7,200 sq. foot building one block north of Main Street.
located on .31 acres with a parking lot to the south, street parking in the front and a City parking lot directly east across the street.
The building has 60 feet of window frontage and 2 basement areas that have currently been closed off but could be reopened if there was a need.
For sale by contacting:
Realtor Jan Berg at 515-778-6096